I’m an award-winning writer, podcaster, executive producer and communications professional with 20 years of experience distilling complex information into clear and concise messages. Public relations and communication talents include preparing high-end collateral pieces from strategy to production (print, audio, video), managing electronic and hard-copy publications and corporate messaging that meet aggressive deadlines.
As the current executive director of communications & marketing for Clark College Foundation and an APR, I’m responsible for providing public relation assessments, strategic planning, solutions and evaluation. I’m in charge of all internal and external content, advertising, audio and visual media production and overall brand management. Moreover, I’m the editor in chief of Clark Partners magazine, a 28-page alumni publication. I earned my APR in 2018.
- Distinguished 2020 Bronze Anvil Commendation from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for the 2019 editions of Clark Partners magazine.
- 2019 PRSA Oregon Spotlight award for “Farewell to Clark’s 13th President” podcast
- 2017 bronze accolade from CASE District VIII for a high-end fundraising publication I wrote, produced and edited
- 2017 silver award for feature writing from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VIII for a story I edited
- 2015 platinum/gold in the Best Practices in Fundraising Campaigns category for the foundation’s $20 million fundraising campaign The accolade from CASE District VIII recognizes excellence in marketing and communications among 130+ member institutions.
- Bronze medalist, USA Cycling’s National Cyclocross Championship
Other Professional Work
- Editor in chief of Oregon Health News, a health care business news source that reported on the dynamics of health care financing, delivery and policy. Transformed the publication from a two-color, printed newsletter to a modern Web site with breaking news, rotating content, graphics, special supplements, columns and white papers.
- Editor of Thomas Magazine, a Thomas College alumni publication that explored higher education in New England. Rejuvenated the magazine with a fresh layout and compelling stories such as an Iraqi student’s escape from war to an American college and the reasons why women earn more collegiate degrees than men.
- Created comprehensive, capital and referendum campaign materials for Clark College Foundation, Maine Public Broadcasting Network and Thomas College.
- Wrote original stories for College Planning & Management Magazine
- Produced online medical news for MDiTV.com
- Assistant editor at Service News, a former business-to-business publication probing the computer service industry.
- Accreditation in public relations (APR)
- Bachelor’s in journalism, University of Maine
- Master’s in women’s studies, Eastern Michigan University
- Licensed emergency medical technician with background serving rural communities
- Trained in wilderness rescue techniques. Former member of Maine’s Wilderness Rescue Team.