Being prepared is my mantra.
I have earned national and regional acclaim as a writer, podcaster, executive producer and communications professional. I have an exceptional talent for distilling complex information into clear and concise messages. For 28 years, I’ve worked in the public relations and communication field preparing high-end collateral pieces from strategy to production, managing electronic and hard-copy publications and corporate messages, as well as audio and video that meet aggressive deadlines and drive success. Delivering those messages to diverse audiences with informed intention is a priority.
I am currently a senior communicator for the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry. I provide a robust array of internal communications and strategic direction.
Prior to OHSU, I served as executive director of communications & marketing for Clark College Foundation , I provided public relation assessments, strategic planning, solutions and evaluation. I was in charge of all internal and external content, advertising, audio and visual media production and overall brand management. I was also the editor in chief of Clark Partners magazine, a 28-page alumni publication, and the producer of Penguin Chats, Clark College Foundation’s podcast series.
As a senior executive practitioner, I solve daily problems with honesty and the highest of ethical standards, while bringing an inner drive to be successful and seek continuous improvement. I earned my APR in 2018.
- Distinguished 2021 Bronze Anvil Commendation from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) for the podcast, “Beyond the Tragedy”
- 2021 PRSA Oregon Chapter Merit award for the messaging about an annual fundraising campaign called PenguinsGive
- Distinguished 2020 Bronze Anvil Commendation from PRSA for the 2019 edition of Clark Partners magazine
- 2020 PRSA Oregon Chapter two Merit awards for the “Beyond the Tragedy” podcast and “Tracking COVID-19” video
- 2019 PRSA Oregon Spotlight award for the “Farewell to Clark’s 13th President” podcast
- 2017 bronze accolade from CASE District VIII for a high-end fundraising publication I wrote, produced and edited
- 2017 silver award for feature writing from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VIII for a story I edited
- 2015 platinum/gold in the Best Practices in Fundraising Campaigns category for the Clark College Foundation’s $20 million fundraising campaign The accolade from CASE District VIII recognizes excellence in marketing and communications among 130+ member institutions.
- Bronze medalist, USA Cycling’s National Cyclocross Championship
- Multiple Oregon state cyclocross champion, including single speed
Other Professional Work & Community Volunteerism
- President, PRSA Oregon and SW Washington Chapter, 2023
- DEI Committee, PRSA Oregon and SW Washington Chapter, 2019-2023
- National judge, PRSA Silver and Bronze Anvil Awards, 2019-2023
- District judge, Institutional Awards, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District VIII, 2015-2018
- Sorella Forte, women’s cycling club, current webmaster and former board member
- Wilderness Rescue Team, former member
- Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, former president of the board
- North Carolina Outward Bound, former assistant instructor
- Editor in chief of Oregon Health News, a health care business news source that reported on the dynamics of health care financing, delivery and policy. Transformed the publication from a two-color, printed newsletter to a modern Web site with breaking news, rotating content, graphics, special supplements, columns and white papers.
- Editor of Thomas Magazine, a Thomas College alumni publication that explored higher education in New England. Rejuvenated the magazine with a fresh layout and compelling stories such as an Iraqi student’s escape from war to an American college and the reasons why women earn more collegiate degrees than men.
- Created comprehensive, capital and referendum campaign materials for Clark College Foundation, Maine Public Broadcasting Network and Thomas College.
- Wrote original stories for College Planning & Management Magazine
- Produced online medical news for MDiTV.com
- Assistant editor at Service News, a former business-to-business publication probing the computer service industry.
- Accreditation in public relations (APR)
- Bachelor’s in journalism, University of Maine
- Master’s in women’s studies, Eastern Michigan University
- Certification in core and corrective exercise, Clark College
- Licensed emergency medical technician with a background serving rural communities
- Trained in wilderness rescue techniques